Dave's Allotment

Sunday, February 18, 2007

February Digging


I dug and manured the area next to the Tunnel containing the Broad Bean plants (see above) and then assembled a second Tunnel next to the first (see below) to warm the soil up ready for a second set of Broad Beans to go in.


I dug an area next to the Onions which is going to be manure-free and used for the Carrots in a few weeks time. After digging and weeding the area I then covered it with black plastic to keep the soil warm and weed free.


Over on the other plot I built a small area where the children are going to grow their own fruit and vegetables. Using some timber I made a 1.2m x 1.2m raised bed in the corner of the plot, and dug in some manure. This is next to the new strawberry bed which I had previously planted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home