Dave's Allotment

Monday, August 21, 2006

Currently picking...


Cucumber Carrots Radishes and Spring Onions
Pepper Tomatoes Aubergene
Sweetcorn Brocoli Red Cabbage
(From left to right)
Top Row: Cucumber, Carrots, Radishes and Spring Onions
Middle Row: Sweet Pepper (black), Tomatoes, Aubergene (still growing)
Bottom Row: Sweercorn, Brocoli, Red Cabbage

It's been three weeks since I've had a chance to update this blog, so I'll give a run down on all the things that are currently being picked. Loads of salad items: Lettuce, Spinach, Spring Onions, Radishes, Cucumbers, Tomatoes. Started thining out the carrots, and they're looking very good. On the patio at home we have picked several peppers, the chillis are just about ready and the first aubergene is forming nicely. We've had a few sweetcorn cobs and they look fantastic. Also picked a few heads of brocoli which are probably the best I've ever grown, although not huge. We've also picked both white and red cabbage - the white was used for coleslaw and the red has been pickeld. We've had several of the Sweet Dumpling squashes. French Beans are producing huge amounts - picking those every other day, and the Runner Beans are starting to catch up after their slow start. There are still a few peas being picked, and the late ones are still to come. There are still the odd few Strawberrys appearing, but the Raspberrys seem to have finished now. (Although I've just ordered some Autumn fruiting canes for next year).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home