Dave's Allotment

Monday, July 03, 2006

Raspberries and Courgettes

Raspberries

I went to the allotment last night to do some much needed watering, after a very hot weekend, and pick a few things. The Raspberries continue to fruit well and I picked another bowl full. Over on the new plot, there are a few golf-ball sized pumpkins starting to form (below left), and the 'Festival' squashes are also starting to form (below right).
Pumpkin Festival Squash

I also picked the very first Courgettes of the year. They were a little smaller than I normally would have picked, but I could resist picking them - particularly the yellow one as it is the first year I've grown that variety. It looks as though we are about to be inundated with Courgettes.
Courgettes

2 Comments:

  • Now that IS yellow. What variety is it Dave?

    By Blogger clodhopper, at 6:54 PM  

  • Yeah it is pretty bright yellow isn't it?! It's a variety called 'Gold Rush'. Never tried yellow courgettes before but I'm quite impressed with how they look, and it tasted great too.

    By Blogger Dave, at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home