Planting Leeks and pulling Garlic

On Saturday I planted out the Leeks. They were sown in May in two rows and had now grown large enough to plant out. (See below left for the leeks in their rows before being planted out) I used the handle of a rake to make holes, then dropped a leek in each hole and filled the hole with water to bed the roots in (see below right). There are now 6 rows of leeks, giving a total of about 110 leeks.

The leeks were planted into the space where the Broad Beans and Garlic had previously been. So before planting out the leeks I pulled up the Garlic and dug over the whole area. The crop of Garlic is not bad, some small bulbs and some a decent size. They're now drying off in the plastic mini-greenhouse at home (see below).

Since the first row of peas has now been completely picked, I sowed a new double-row of peas in its place. I used a variety called 'Ambassador' which is intended for July sowing. Hopefully this will give me a late, second-crop of peas.


1 Comments:
best regards, nice info »
By
Anonymous, at 12:04 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home