Dave's Allotment

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mid June

Strawberries

It's the middle of June and I'm now picking absolute buckets of Strawberries. I've never had so many! I'm picking them every other day, and regularly overfill a large ice cream tub. We've had so many that Melissa has even made several batches of Jam for the first time. The Raspberries are also starting to ripen now, so I'm picking a few of those too.

Celery and Cucumbers

I've planted out some Cucumbers next to the shed, and fixed some horizontal wires to the shed wall to tie them in to when they grow big enough. In front of them I've also planted out a few Celery plants. It makes the purpose built bed between the shed and the patio look really good.

Peas

The first Peas are just days away from being ready for picking, and there are tons of them. I've planted the rows a little too close together once again, which will make picking and weeding quite tricky.

Canes ready for tomato plants

I've prepared the ground ready for all of the Tomato plants to go out. These are the canes that will support them. There are 3 rows of 7 canes, one row each for the Red (Gardeners Delight), Yellow (Sun Baby? can't remember now!) and Orange (Sungold).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home