End of March

Just a quick look around the allotment at the end of March to show how things are growing. The Broad Beans sown in the Autumn are looking good, even a few flowers appearing. There's not as many plants as I would have liked so I'm thinking of trying a Spring sowing as well to increase the numbers.

The Purple Sprouting Broccoli continues to grow well. A few of the shoots are starting to go to seed, but mainly it's in good shape and producing plenty of shoots to pick and eat.

The Autumn fruiting Raspberries planted late last year are definitely showing signs of life. Several of the canes have some small leaves appearing now.

The well establised Summer fruiting Raspberries are also starting to send up new canes and leaves are appearing on last years canes which will fruit this year.

The Rhubarb is growing really fast now. A week ago it was just appearing through the soil, now it has plenty of leaves.

I've also just sown 4 types of Tomatoes into modules. There are red, orange, yellow and red tumbling varieties. I've also sown Celery into a small seed tray. Both are sat on a windowsill at home.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home