Fame at last!
Ok so not exactly 'fame', but I finally decided it was time to do a bit of 'plugging' of my allotment blog and the results have been amazing. Up until about a week ago I think I was the only person to have visited my blog. So, I decided to e-mail the owners of my favourite allotment blogs and ask if they might add me to their links. Within hours many had done so, and I even started getting 'comments' on this blog which is extremely exciting! It always feels more worthwhile if you know that somebody is actually reading what you've written.
The first vegetable-growing-blog I ever discovered was Jane Perrone's Horticultural blog - to me she is like the Grandmother of vegetable-growing-blogs (not in an age kind of way you understand, just in a respect/founding member/experienced-hero-to-look-up-to kind of way). So I was immensely proud when she actually posted about this blog on her own blog this week. She even awarded me a gold star!
So anyway, thank you to everyone who has linked my blog from their own - I hope I've included links to all of your blogs on the right here (if I've missed you off, please let me know). And thank you for actually reading my blog! I may not get a chance to visit my plots this weekend, due to family visitors, but hopefully I'll be down there again soon and be back here to report on my progress.
The first vegetable-growing-blog I ever discovered was Jane Perrone's Horticultural blog - to me she is like the Grandmother of vegetable-growing-blogs (not in an age kind of way you understand, just in a respect/founding member/experienced-hero-to-look-up-to kind of way). So I was immensely proud when she actually posted about this blog on her own blog this week. She even awarded me a gold star!
So anyway, thank you to everyone who has linked my blog from their own - I hope I've included links to all of your blogs on the right here (if I've missed you off, please let me know). And thank you for actually reading my blog! I may not get a chance to visit my plots this weekend, due to family visitors, but hopefully I'll be down there again soon and be back here to report on my progress.


5 Comments:
hello dave!
I think I found you through Mikes blog and mike through Allotment lady's blog... My bookmarked blogs get more and more numerous.
Shall be interesting to watch your new plot take shape!
By
Anonymous, at 4:21 PM
Dave, you wouldn't be so impressed if you saw the state of my plot at the moment! It needs some serious TLC!
By
Anonymous, at 12:21 PM
Dave....my blog is all alone too! Sob....mind you it's only just appeared....but please drop in and say hello.
Clodhopper
http://sirlancsallot.blogspot.com
By
clodhopper, at 12:29 PM
Jane - sounds like you have some pretty decent excuses though: book, illness, general busy-ness!
By
Dave, at 9:06 AM
I found your blog through Jane Perrone's site and have been enjoying it. Do keep it up or I should miss the goings on you write about.
By
Kati, at 1:42 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home