Christmas presents
I haven't yet made it down to my allotment since before Christmas, but weather permitting I'll try and get down there this weekend. I got several gardening themed Christmas presents this year which will be extremely useful! My lovely wife gave me this fantastic book called The Great Vegetable Plot by Sarah Raven. It has some superb photos and brilliant advice for growing all kinds of vegetables. My wife also gave me the Allotment DVD, which I haven't watched yet but has 5.5 hours (3 discs) worth of information about allotments!From my in-laws I received a years subscription to 'Grow Your Own' Magazine. I've read a few issues of it in the past and found it very interesting, so it will be great to get it regularly this year. My parents gave me some very strong looking gardening gloves (my current ones are falling apart), some seed tray inserts (those segmented ones for sowing individual seeds), garden fleece (planning on putting that to good use with some early peas and carrots) and a weed surpressing sheet. All highly useful things which I hope will help make this my post productive allotment year so far.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home