Dave's Allotment

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Finished the digging

On Sunday afternoon I finished off digging the remaining section of the plot, up at the far end. As you can see from the photo below, this area is now fully dug over and manured. After taking the photo I also covered it with some old carpet and black ploythene to prevent the weeds from growing back until I'm ready to plant things in it later in the year. In the past, the area just in front of the raspberry canes was completely covered in overgrown weeds. But now it's dug I plan on using it for my Squash, Pumpkin and Courgette plants.
The far end of the plot, fully dug and manured

Other than the areas where I still have things growing, the entire plot is now dug over - and many parts of it covered and manured. This is definitely the most organised the plot has ever been. The whole plot is pictured below left, and the Broad Beans under their cover of fleece are shown on the right.
The whole plot in January Broad Beans under fleece

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home